1. India ranks 10th on new Commonwealth innovation index
India was today ranked 10th on a new Commonwealth Innovation Index, topped by the UK, Singapore and Canada.
2. Union petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan has launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in Telangana.
Pradhan also said by the next year-end, over 2 million new gas connections will be provided in the state.
3. World Bank has projected India's GDP growth rate at 7.3% for the Financial Year 2018-19.
The World Bank today projected India’s GDP growth at 7.3 per cent for the next financial year and it was expected to accelerate further to 7.5 per cent in 2019-20.
4. Sanjiv Mehta has been appointed as the chairman of Hindustan Unilever Limited.
Sanjiv Mehta, managing director at Hindustan Unilever has been appointed as executive Chairman of the company, succeeding Harish Manwani who will retire as non-executive Chairman by June end.
5. Bhuj Mercantile Coop Bank bags Banco Award
Kutch-based Bhuj Mercantile Cooperative Bank has bagged the prestigious Banco Award for best performing cooperative bank
6. The biannual Army Commanders’ Conference has been commenced today. It will be chaired by General Bipin Rawat
The biannual Army Commanders’ Conference shall commence on 16 April 18. The opening address will be given by Hon’ble Minister of State for Defence, Shri Subhash Ramrao Bhamre.
7. The U.S. Treasury has added India to its watch list of countries with potentially questionable foreign exchange policies, joining China and four others.
The US Treasury called for all the countries on the list to implement economic reforms to address their surpluses